VHB™ SGT Process Steps
- Select the “Start A Project” button to fill out the Project Initiation form. While filling out this electronic form, upload the drawing attachment(s) which will notify 3M, PVD and the 3M Select Distributor of the new project. Note: Files larger than 30MB will need to be attached from a cloud-based solution such as Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- 3M Technical Service completes the Application Review. A notice is sent to the customer, PVD and the 3M Select Distributor along with access to the 3M Application Review document and mailing labels are provided to send in the substrates to 3M for adhesion testing. This testing must be completed before the project start-up training. Allow at least 10 working days for completion of the adhesion testing after 3M receives the project substrates.
- 3M Technical Service completes the adhesion tests. A notice is sent to the customer, PVD and the 3M Select Distributor along with access to the 3M Adhesion Test Report and the project specific Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). The customer may then order the 3M VHB Structural Glazing Tape (B23F or G23F) and appropriate 3M cleaner/primers. The customer should coordinate this with their 3M Select Distributor representative and set up a date for the mandatory training session.
- The 3M Select Distributor, PVD or 3M representative conducts the mandatory project start-up training session per the SOP for all operators that will be involved in the VHB SGT bonding process. Untrained operators are not allowed to work with VHB SGT or be involved in the cleaning, priming or tape application steps as outlined in the SOP. All trained workers must sign a 3M VHB SGT Training Form. Production may begin immediately after the training session.
- The 3M Select Distributor, PVD or 3M representative will conduct random process audits during the production process to ensure there is no deviation from the SOP and if needed, any deviation is corrected. Production process audits will be documented by the signing of the 3M VHB SGT Process Audit Form.